Friday, May 31, 2013

Mocha Frosted Brownies

First sign you know you are getting old . . .

. . . I was called a "ma'am" today.

I was walking down the aisle at Walmart when some young boys came running around the corner and one of them said "excuse me ma'am," NOT "excuse me miss", he called me "ma'am"

That's it, I'm officially old :)

Times like this call for a good, down-right amazing, dessert.

My mocha frosting reminds me of coffee ice cream.

It has just enough coffee flavor and is perfectly sweet.  It's rich and creamy and pairs perfectly with a chewy chocolate brownie.

I originally made a batch of homemade brownies that claimed to taste just like a box mix, but I thought they tasted horrible.  They were way too bitter and needed way less cocoa and more sugar.  I still have yet to find a chewy homemade brownie recipe that can beat a box mix.  Does anyone have one?

I ended up making a box mix and they were perfect, as always.  So you only get a frosting recipe today and not a brownie recipe. 
Mocha Frosting
From: Jenn@eatcakefordinner 
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. warm water
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
pinch of salt
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. powdered sugar
brewed coffee or milk, if needed 

Dissolve instant coffee in warm water; set aside.  Beat butter, salt and vanilla until creamy.  Add one cup of powdered sugar and beat until combined.  Add dissolved coffee and mix until combined.  Gradually mix in remaining powdered sugar, adding a little cold brewed coffee or milk, if needed, to reach desired creamy consistency.  Beat for a few minutes or until light and fluffy.  Makes enough to frost an 8x8-inch pan of brownies.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from