Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Best EVER Zucchini Muffins

These muffins are by far, hands down, without a doubt the BEST zucchini bread/muffin recipe I have EVER had!  I have tried many different recipes, but this was the first one that had lemon zest in it! Zucchini and lemon were meant to be together.  The flavor of the lemon zest mixed with the zucchini and the cinnamon is the perfect combination.  I have made these twice in the past week (and I am making another batch tonight) and they already deserve a spot in "My Favorite Breads" section, which is usually only recipes I have made for years, but this one is so good that it deserves to be there!!  Even if you're thinking that you've tried it all when it comes to zucchini, please at least try this recipe.  I am going to try and make it into bread and see what happens?  
Best Ever Zucchini Muffins
adapted from: Stephanie's Kitchen

3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c. butter, melted (plus 1 Tbl. for later)
2 tsp. vanilla
zest from 1-2 lemons
3 c. grated un-peeled zucchini

Whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.  In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until creamy.  Add the 2/3 cup melted butter, vanilla and lemon zest and mix well.  Add the shredded zucchini and mix to combine.  Last, add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended.  Batter will be very thick.  Melt one Tablespoon butter and using a pastry brush, brush all over the muffin cups.  Do this instead of using cooking spray.  Distribute batter evenly between greased muffin cups, filling completely full. Bake at 350 degrees for 21-23 minutes for regular muffins or 30-32 minutes for jumbo muffins.  Muffins will be browned and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.    

Jenn's Notes: I cut this recipe in half both times and the first time I got 7 regular muffins and 1 jumbo muffin.  The 2nd time I made all jumbo and ended up with 4 muffins.  I filled the batter up to the top of the cup and they baked up beautifully.  So, I have no idea what size tins the original recipe was using to only end up with 12 muffins for a whole batch?  I zested an entire small lemon into my half batch and loved the lemon flavor.  I kept these stored in an air-tight container and they still tasted good on the 4th day!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from