Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quick 'n Easy Herb Flatbread

Even though salads would never be my first choice for dinner, I have been trying to eat more of them, because I know they are good for you.  I have figured out a few things that are a must to make them tasty. Homemade ranch, some kind of meat, fresh veggies and some kind of delicious bread on the side!  I have made this flatbread a few times.  The first time, I baked it a little too long and it ended up tasting like croutons, because it was so crunchy.  Last time, I made sure to not over bake it and it turned out delicious and it paired perfectly with my salad.  
Quick 'n Easy Herb Flatbread

1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
1 Tbl. olive oil
1/2-1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2-1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic (I use garlic powder)
1/8 tsp. salt
1 small tomato, diced
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Unroll dough on cookie sheet.  Starting at center, press out dough to form 12x8 rectangle.  In a small bowl, combine oil, basil, rosemary and garlic.  Brush over dough using a pastry brush; sprinkle with salt.  Place diced tomatoes in shallow bowl.  With the back of a spoon, crush tomato.  Spread tomato over dough.  Bake 5-9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted until edges are golden brown. Cut into squares and serve warm.  

Jenn's Notes:  I just press out the dough as much as I can.  I don't measure it to make sure it reaches 12x8.  I also add a little extra cheese.  Make sure not to overbake or it will be crunchy.  

Chef Salad (this is what I added to mine)
chopped lettuce
chopped deli ham
chopped deli smoked turkey
diced tomato
chopped cucumbers
freshly grated Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from