Monday, May 27, 2013

Copycat Fritos Bean Dip

Let me start off by saying this copycat recipe tastes EXACTLY like the real thing.

I absolutely LOVE Frito bean dip.  I grew up eating it and I still eat it to this day.  With a can being $3 or more and small enough for one person to finish off in one sitting, I needed a better solution.
I checked out the ingredients on the back of the can and then I set out hoping to find a copycat with the same ingredients and that I did.  

You can make this homemade version for a fraction of the cost and get twice as much.  Think about it, a can of refried beans is less than $1, you probably already have the seasonings on hand and then the jar of jalapenos was under $2 and has enough to make 10 batches or so of bean dip.  That is like a 1/3 of the cost and you get double the amount.  Don't let the cayenne and jalapenos scare you, it is not spicy at all.   
You can have a batch of this made in 30 seconds.  Now, the only problem is practicing some serious self control knowing that I can make this is no-time-flat and that I almost always have the ingredients on hand.

As an added bonus, this recipe is much better for you than other dips with all the fiber and protein you will get from the beans.
Copycat Fritos Bean Dip
1 (16 oz.) can refried beans 
5 slices bottled jalapenos 
1 1/2 Tbl. brine from bottled jalapenos
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 + 1/8 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve with Fritos or Doritos.

Jenn's Notes: I made this exactly as I typed it above and it is PERFECT.


slightly adapted from: Cookin' with Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from