Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Favorite Twice Baked Potatoes

These potatoes are pure heaven.  Seriously . . . pure heaven!  I could eat these every single day for the rest of my life and never get sick of them!  I ate them for the first time a few years go after I picked up a copy of The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook and I have eaten them countless times since. 

I always make extra, because they taste just as good warmed up for several days.  They make a great breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Oh yeah. 

-BEST POTATOES EVER-

P.S. I originally posted this recipe a few years ago and how I ever thought that glowing potato picture was good is beyond me, so here is a new and improved version!
Twice Baked Potatoes
adapted from: The Pioneer Woman

4 large Russet potatoes
4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
4 Tbl. butter, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk, give or take
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I add way more)
freshly grated black pepper, to taste
1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
2 chopped green onions, for garnish, opt.

Wash and pat dry the potatoes.  Poke a few holes in each potato, using a fork, and cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 375 degrees for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.  Remove from oven, carefully remove foil and cool slightly.  Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scrape out the insides, with a spoon, into a large bowl, being careful to keep the shells intact.  

Add the butter, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper.  Mash together using a potato masher.  Add enough milk, as needed, to reach desired creamy consistency and stir in the majority of the cheese, reserving a little for topping.  Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.  Place the potato shells onto a large baking sheet.  Fill each potato shell with the potato mixture and top with reserved cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are hot.  Garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.   

Jenn's Notes: I usually discard one of the potato shells, so I have a little extra filling for the remaining shells.  These are my favorite.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from