Sunday, June 2, 2013

Easy Lo Mein

These noodles are WAY WAY good and SO DANG EASY!

The flavor is perfect.  The soy sauce is not overpowering at all like it sometimes is.  The amount of sesame oil called for is just right.  I can taste it, but it isn't overpowering either.  I recently looked up a recipe that called for 3 Tablespoons of sesame oil.  Holy cow.  I have used that stuff enough to know that is way too much and would have ruined the dish.

Three cups of slaw seems like a lot, but it somehow disappears when you add it and I think you could even add more.

I ended up using angel hair pasta noodles, because that is what I had in my pantry and I will use them next time too.  I want this for lunch tomorrow.  Although I didn't try it myself, but I think this would probably reheat well.

I swear, this one is a keeper, you gotta try it!

Perfect light and easy dish for Summer.

You might also like:
Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
Sesame Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken and Noodle Bowl
Easy Lo Mein
2 Tbl. soy sauce
1 Tbl. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbl. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. canola oil
3 heaping cups coleslaw mix
1/4 c. green onions, chopped
6 oz. angel hair spaghetti noodles
   or chinese egg noodles

Cook noodles according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha and cornstarch; whisk to combine; set aside.  Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the coleslaw mix and saute a few minutes or until crisp tender.  Add the sauce, the cooked and drained noodles and green onions.  Toss together to combine.  Cook for a few minutes and serve.  Serves: 2-4

Jenn's Notes: I have made this a few times and I make it exactly as I typed it above, using angel hair noodles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from