Monday, June 24, 2013

My Go-To Sloppy Joes

First things first, Google Reader will be gone on July 1st.  So, make sure and get all your blogs transferred over before that.  You don't want to miss a post!  I used bloglovin' to transfer mine and it couldn't have been easier.  

If you would rather, you can always follow me via email, FacebookPinterest or Google +.

Now, this is a recipe I have posted before (my 2nd recipe ever on this blog), but fast-forward several years with an updated photo and a few tweaks to the recipe, I figured it needed to be re-shared.  

I have been making this recipe for the past three years.  It can be made in less than 30 minutes.  

We tried it, loved it and it has been my go-to recipe ever since.  I am not a fan of that "canned stuff", so I was glad to finally find a recipe from scratch that is both delicious and easy to throw together.  If you have never tried pickles on your sloppy joes, you should, it's really good.  

My Go-To Sloppy Joes

1 Lb. ground beef
1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 c. ketchup
1 1/2 Tbl. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
a few dashes of Worcestershire
2 Tbl. tomato paste
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 c. water, only if needed
hamburger buns, toasted
Mayo or Miracle Whip
sliced pickles, opt.
sliced Cheddar cheese, opt.

Brown ground beef in a large skillet.  When meat is almost cooked through, add the onion, green pepper and garlic and cook a few minutes.  Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, dry mustard Worcestershire, tomato paste, salt and pepper  Stir to combine.  If mixture is too thick, add some water.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  Spread Mayo or Miracle Whip over toasted hamburger buns top with sloppy joe mix, sliced pickles and sliced cheese.  Yield: 4-6 sloppy joes.    

slightly adapted from: Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from