Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Salad

I have never been a fan of regular potato salad for one reason.  I feel like it should be warm.  I hate eating those cold potatoes.

This Loaded Baked Potato Salad is my PERFECT solution.  I have made it a few times and I love it.  You can serve it warm or you can serve it cold.  Obviously, I serve mine warm which isn't a problem, since I make it right before dinner.

I haven't served this at a party yet, but I would imagine you would get multiple requests for the recipe.  I think your family would be super impressed and, like Leslie said, I am sure you will get "Oohs and Ahhs"!

Loaded Baked Potato Salad
adapted from: Dishing with Leslie

4 large russet potatoes
1/4 c. Mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 c. freshly chopped chives, divided
8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
pepper, to taste

Wash, peel and cube potatoes into bite-sized pieces.  Put in a large pot, cover with water and boil until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.  You do not want mashed potato consistency.  Drain and let cool a bit (or a lot if you plan to serve chilled).  In a separate bowl, stir together the mayo, sour cream, cheese, half the chives, about 6 strips worth of crumbled bacon, seasoned salt and pepper; mix well.  Add mixture to potatoes and fold together until all the potatoes are completely coated.  Taste and add more seasoned salt and pepper, if needed.  Garnish with remaining chives and crumbled bacon.  Serve immediately or refrigerate if serving later.  Serves 4-6.

Jenn's Notes:  If your potatoes are very large, you may want to add a little extra mayo and sour cream.  I have used light mayo and light sour cream every time I have made this, I omit the chives and sprinkle with a little dried parsley before serving.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from