Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cutler's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

The other day, one of my co-workers was asking if anyone had ever seen a big, soft, cakey, pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe that called for butter?  I started thinking of all the recipes I have tried and realized they all called for either shortening or vegetable oil.  

Then, I came across this recipe.  Guess What?  It calls for butter.  It comes from Cutler's Bakery.  I guess it is NOT a copycat, it is the REAL DEAL.  

Since this recipe makes A LOT of cookies, I brought them into work. 

One of my co-workers tried them and said "These are Amazing", I then told her that the recipe is from Cutler's.  She about died when I told her that, because apparently, she loves that place.  She always has to go there when she visits her grandparents up in Bountiful.

Well, now you have their pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe :)

Cutler's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from: Cutler's Cookies, Bountiful, Utah 
as seen on A Bountiful Kitchen
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1 c. butter, softened
3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. canned pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves (I added 1/4 tsp.)
5 c. cake flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes or until smooth.  Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and the spices.  Continue beating for about 2 additional minutes.  Add rest of ingredients to bowl and beat only until flour disappears and all ingredients are combined.  Using a large cookie scoop, place dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet or greased baking sheet,  Bake 10 minutes (I baked mine 16 minutes) or until done.  Let cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to plate.

Cutler's Tips:
-They use cake flour in all of their cookie recipes, because it will create a lighter texture.
-Do not flatten the balls of cookie dough after placing on the baking sheet.  

Jenn's Notes:  I used around 2-3 Tablespoons of dough per cookie and they took 16 minutes to bake.  I ended up with 4 1/2 - 5 dozen cookies.  P.S. Don't try the raw cookie dough, because you might not end up with any cookies.  It is incredible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from