Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tender Salsa Beef

We went to P.F. Chang's a few months ago, which is one of my favorite places to eat.  I always order the exact same thing and have never cared to try their other dishes, but we went with a bunch of people and they all wanted to order something different and have everyone share.  When you order your main dish, you can pick if you want brown rice or white rice.  I always order white, yet I had always wondered what brown rice tasted like.  Luckily, someone else picked the brown and I was able to try it! I really really liked it!  I was so glad, since it is so much healthier.  I went and picked myself up a package and have been eating it ever since.  You guys should give it a try. 

This recipe was in one of my Healthy Cooking Magazines and I thought it was yummy!  I enjoyed every last bite, but Jake did not care for it as much as I did (which is kind of funny, because he picked it out).  He thought it was okay, but he wouldn't care to ever eat it again.  I still decided to post it, because I did really like it. I liked the flavor, I liked how easy it was and I liked that it was somewhat healthy.  If you think you and your family will like this, then you should try it.  

Make sure to use your favorite salsa, because that is where a lot of the flavor will come from.  I used my favorite salsa recipe.   

Tender Salsa Beef
adapted from: Healthy Cooking Magazine, Aug/Sept 2012 Issue
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1 1/2 Lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 3/4'' cubes
2 c. salsa (store-bought or homemade)
1 Tbl. brown sugar
1 Tbl. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
4 c. hot cooked brown rice

In a slow cooker, combine beef, salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.  Serve over rice.  Serves: 4-6

Jenn's Notes: No notes today.  I made the recipe as is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from