Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Chocolate Drizzle - It's Low-Fat and Amazing -

I am pretty sure this bread is my new BFF.  I can't stop raving about it.  I love it not only because it tastes so good, but it is LOW-FAT (compared to other pumpkin breads).  I promise you would NEVER KNOW IT.  The recipe only calls for 1 TABLESPOON of oil, but it is just as moist as other pumpkin breads that call for up to 1/2 cup of oil.

Now, I am questioning all my other pumpkin bread recipes, why have I been adding so much oil if it is not even needed?  I think it is time to start experimenting!  
This bread is so good by itself that it doesn't even need the chocolate drizzle on top (and it would have even fewer calories, of course).  In fact, I ate half the loaf before I even added the drizzle.  It still tasted perfect on the 4th day when I enjoyed my last slice.

This recipe also comes from my new Favorite Family Recipes Cookbook that I told you about the other day.  They said they prefer this low-fat recipe over regular recipes and I totally understand why.

You better try this so you can rave about it too!  

Hopefully by now you have already printed out the recipe and are heading into the kitchen to whip this up!

**Update (8/22/2013) - I have made this several times and it turns out perfect every time.  I have also made this into mini muffins.  You will get 48 mini muffins - bake for 10-11 minutes.** 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread 
with Chocolate Drizzle
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. canned pumpkin puree
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1 egg
1 Tbl. canola oil
1/2 c. chocolate chips 

Chocolate Drizzle
1/4 c. chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.  In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.  In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and oil.  Add dry mixture, stirring just until moistened; do not overmix.  Fold in chocolate chips.   Pour into pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for 15 minutes.  

For chocolate drizzle: Add chocolate chips to a small bowl.  Microwave 30-45 seconds until chocolate is melted.  Drizzle over warm bread. (My bread was completely cool when I added the drizzle and I used a fork to drizzle the chocolate)  

Jenn's Notes: This bread browns pretty quickly in the oven thanks to all that brown sugar.  It will look very dark like you burnt it, but it doesn't taste burnt.  You could always tent a little foil over it the last 10 minutes of baking if you don't want it as dark.  Mine was done at 50 minutes.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from