Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Curly Noodle Skillet Dish

This dish is fast, super easy and very budget friendly.

I picked up a giant box of beef-flavored ramen noodles during a case lot sale last year or so.  

I was like . . . oh my gosh . . . 50 packages of Top Ramen for $1 . . . what a deal.

Then I got home and I was like . . . oh my gosh . . . what am I going to do with 50 packages of Top Ramen?

(okay, it was really more like 12 packages, I may have exagerated a little)

A year later and I still have that big box of ramen noodles in my pantry.  Time to start using them up. 
This dish turned out pretty good.  I wouldn't say it's the best meal out there, but for as fast and easy as it was, I will make it occasionally and I think kids would really like it.
Curly Noodle Skillet Dish
1/2 Lb. ground beef
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 c. water
2 pkgs. beef-flavored ramen noodles, crushed
1 can beans (pinto, black, kidney), drained and rinsed
1/2 - 1 tsp. chili powder, to taste, opt.

Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat; season with salt and pepper.  Add the onions and saute another few minutes.  Add the can of tomatoes, water, crushed ramen noodles, both seasoning packets from the noodles, beans and chili powder.  Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.  Serves 4-5.  

Jenn's Notes: The chili powder is not in the original recipe, but I felt like it needed a little kick.  I think this dish would be great with some Cheddar cheese on top.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from