Thursday, September 6, 2012

Couldn't Be Easier Mexican Rice

This might just be the easiest homemade Mexican Rice you will ever find!  Save this recipe now or you will regret it later on.  I used to make Mexican Rice from scratch.  It involved chopping up several veggies, opening cans of tomato sauce and broth, toasting the rice and waiting for the rice to cook and hoping it would turn out.  I got to the point where I started using store-bought Mexican rice, because it was just so much easier.  Then, I found this recipe and it was a happy day - let me tell you!  I love Minute Rice, it is very dependable.  I never have to worry that it will be over-cooked or under-cooked, because it takes the exact amount of time every time I make it.  

This recipe really was a genius idea.  Why didn't I ever think of making rice like this?  The salsa already has all of the ingredients and flavors you need in it and thanks to my Go-To Salsa recipe you can really have homemade Mexican Rice made in no time.  It will be even faster if you already have a batch of salsa in your fridge from earlier in the week.  I have also made this using store-bought green salsa and that turned out great too.  You can literally have this made in less than 10 minutes.    

Couldn't Be Easier Mexican Rice
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. salsa (store-bought or homemade)
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 c. Minute Rice

Heat water, salsa and bouillon cube over medium heat until it comes to a boil.  Add the rice, cover, and remove from heat.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Serves: 4-6

Jenn's Notes:  If you need to make a different serving size - all you do is make the rice according to package directions, but replace half of the water with salsa and add a chicken bouillon cube.  I recommend using a salsa that is pretty liquidy, so there is plenty for the rice to absorb.  I love to serve mine with chopped cilantro and Feta cheese on top.  So good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from