Sunday, June 24, 2012

Watermelon Frosty

I got a crazy good deal on a watermelon the other day, but since it is kinda hard for only two people to eat an entire watermelon, I figured I needed another plan.  After going to the pool yesterday and being out under the HOT sun, the only thing that sounded good was something ice cold.  How about a watermelon frosty?  I knew I had seen one on Pinterest, so I searched around and sure enough there it was.  Remember when I made Banana Ice Cream by only using frozen bananas and it turned out so smooth and creamy.  Well, this frosty uses frozen watermelon chunks, but since watermelon is very watery, you also have to add a banana to give it than creamy consistency.
This frosty turned out thick and creamy and was so refreshing - the perfect way to beat the heat.  It did end up tasting more like banana and lime than watermelon, but it was still great.  If you have any watermelon in your fridge that needs used up, cut it up and freeze it to either make this frosty now or another day. 
Watermelon Frosty
2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon cubes
1/2+ c. milk
2 Tbl. sugar
juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime 
1 fresh banana

Add the frozen watermelon cubes, 1/4 cup of milk, sugar, lemon or lime juice and the banana to a blender or food processor.  Blend until smooth, gradually adding remaining milk as need to reach desired consistency.  Pour into 2 small glasses and garnish with a frozen watermelon slice.  Serve immediately.  

Jenn's Notes: The easiest way to get the watermelon to freeze fast is to cut it up into cubes and place those in a single layer on a plate and set in the freezer.  I used my food processor to blend this up very easily.  If you use a blender, you might have to stop and stir it a few times.  I used lime, but I want to try lemon next to see which one I prefer.   

adapted from: Healthy Happy Life and Foodess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from