Saturday, June 30, 2012

Funfetti Cupcakes for Two!

This recipe was just meant to be.  I found it at the perfect moment!
I was craving something sweet and I didn't want a big batch of goodies hanging around for me to munch on all day, because I AM a muncher!  My sweet tooth "sweet teeth" have no willpower.

And besides, I had a little extra frosting leftover from some cookies I had made a few days earlier that I couldn't bear to throw away, because a spoonful of frosting fits perfectly in my hand!
Two cupcakes are the perfect treat for the weekend.  One for me and one for the Mr. (or two for me)!
I mixed these up in a cereal bowl, using a fork, and it took about 2 seconds.  They are a dense cupcake and are very moist and I love the vanilla flavor. I think they would be amazing with almond extract too.  I flavored my leftover frosting with some Orange Bakery Emulsion that I personally think has an awesome orange taste. The orange flavored frosting paired perfectly with the vanilla cake.

You could easily make these using only red and blue sprinkles for a cute Fourth of July goodie!  

Come on now . . . treat yourself to a cupcake. . . you won't regret it!!  
Funfetti Cupcakes for Two {or three}
1 egg white
2 Tbl. sugar
2 Tbl. unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
heaping 1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 Tbl. milk
1 Tbl. sprinkles

Whisk together the egg white, sugar, melted butter and vanilla.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir in the milk and sprinkles.  Divide between two cupcake liners (I actually got 3 cupcakes) that have been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (mine took 17 min.) or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely and top with frosting.  
      
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 - 1 Tbl. milk
small pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the powdered sugar and butter.  Add 1/2 Tablespoon of milk, the salt and vanilla extract and beat on high until smooth and fluffy.  Add the additional 1/2 Tablespoon of milk, if necessary, to get a spreadable consistency.  Spread on cooled cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles.  

Jenn's Notes:  These cupcakes were awesome! I used leftover frosting and I added some Orange Bakery Emulsion to it.  I did not make the above Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, but I added it for you guys just incase you don't have any leftover frosting hanging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from