Thursday, February 21, 2013

Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken

I am usually NOT a leftover person.

I LOVE soups and chili leftover, but that is only because I feel like they get better overnight.

Other than that, if I am going to eat something leftover, it means that I really really liked it.

I ate this Fiesta Chicken FOUR days in a row.

Oh yeah, I really did.

I guess you could say I liked it.  You think :)

The only thing left to say is, IT IS DELICIOUS . . . . make it tomorrow!


Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

2 large chicken breasts
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
2 cups salsa (I used homemade)
3/4 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 c. chicken broth, opt.
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
cooked rice, for serving
chopped cilantro, for garnish

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.  Add the beans, corn, salsa, cumin, chili powder and chicken broth.  If you want it to be super thick, then omit the chicken broth.  I like mine to be slightly saucier, so I add the broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.  Shred chicken using two forks.  Then, add the cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 30 more minutes or until softened.  Stir together and serve over cooked rice.  Garnish with chopped cilantro.  Serves: 4-6

Jenn's Notes: I used homemade salsa and served over brown rice.  You could serve over white, brown or Mexican Green Rice and I think any would be amazing.  This is a new favorite dish. 


very slightly adapted from: Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from