Monday, February 25, 2013

Pistachio Cake Mix Cookies for St. Patrick's Day

A few more weeks until St. Patrick's Day and you can never start making green treats too soon, can you?  Don't answer that.   

I got the idea for these at around 10:00 last Friday night.  I went into the kitchen to make them and "oh no" I didn't have any pistachio pudding.  I pulled on my boots and headed to the store.  I thought it would be a quiet and peaceful trip, but surprisingly the store was still packed with people.  Late shoppers. 
20 minutes later . . .  I was home making these amazing cookies.  Then, by that time, it seemed too late to eat cookies, so I made the dough and refrigerated overnight.  

They are soft and chewy and have a perfect pistachio and almond flavor.  Creamy white chocolate chips are a perfect addition.  I was thinking marshmallows might be delicious too!  These were a hit in my house.  
Pistachio Cake Mix Cookies
1 white cake mix
1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3/4 tsp. almond extract, opt.
a few drops green food coloring, opt
1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine cake mix and pudding mix.  Add the eggs, oil, almond extract and green food coloring.  Mix the best you can using a hand mixer.  If batter is too stiff, finish mixing with a wooden spoon.  Stir in 1 cup of the white chocolate chips.  Roll dough into 1'' - 1 1/2'' balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Press 2 or 3 white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Tops will be cracked and outside will be very slightly browned.  Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.  

Jenn's Notes:  The dough is pretty greasy, but it tastes perfect once baked.  I added four drops of green food coloring.  I refrigerated my dough overnight and my cookies were done at 12-13 minutes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from