Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hashbrown Pork Chop Casserole

We absolutely loved this pork chop casserole.

I made it, ate it and already wanted to make it again.

Using cream of celery soup and a mixture of cheeses switched things up from the usual cheesy potato recipe and it didn't call for any butter.  Usually cheesy potatoes call for butter, but I think I preferred it this way.  I say . . . If you didn't miss it, then why add all the extra fat and calories? 

I actually really like pork chops, but I only have a few recipes that call for them.  I need to expand that list. 

 I'm always up for suggestions if anyone has any.

Hashbrown Pork Chop Casserole

1 Tbl. vegetable oil
5 pork chops
salt and pepper
1 c. sour cream (I used light)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of celery soup 
1/2 c. milk
1 (32 oz.) pkg. frozen hashbrowns, thawed
1/2  c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Season the pork chops with desired seasonings (we used seasoned salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cajun seasoning).  Add pork chops to skillet and brown on both sides.  You just want to sear the outside, but don't want to cook them all the way through.  Meanwhile, place thawed hashbrowns in a large 9x13-inch baking dish; season with salt and pepper.  Combine sour cream, cream of celery soup, milk and shredded cheeses and pour over hashbrowns.  Stir to combine.  Top potatoes with seared pork chops.  Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until heated through and pork chops are fully cooked.  Serves: 5.

Jenn's Notes: To thaw my hashbrowns, I microwaved them for 2-3 minutes until they were soft.  You could also add some chopped onion and/or bell pepper to the potatoes if you would like.   I used boneless pork chops.  This casserole was delicious.   

adapted from: Gooseberry Patch, Recipe submitted by: Shirley Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from