Saturday, January 19, 2013

Diana's Cheeseball - My Favorite


This is my absolute FAVORITE cheeseball.  This is the recipe that got me hooked on cheeseballs.  Not the store bought kind that I am not even sure what they are made out of, but the good homemade kind.  This recipe comes from my beautiful boss, Diana.  She makes it for us every once-in-a-while for special occasions.   

I made it for New Year's Eve and it was a huge hit.  With "The Big Game" coming up, everyone needs some good appetizers to serve, this one is perfect.    

Diana's Cheeseball
adapted from: Diana J.
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 c. green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/3 c. dried minced onion
1 Tbl. Miracle Whip
3/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Accent
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. vinegar
1/2 jar (3 Tbl.) Pimento cheese spread
sliced almonds, for rolling
crackers, for serving

Combine all ingredients (except almonds and crackers) and stir together until well blended.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.  Pour sliced almonds onto a plate.  Remove cheeseball from fridge and form into a ball and roll in sliced almonds.  Serve with desired crackers.  

Jenn's Notes: After I mix everything together, I leave on the counter for 20 minutes and stir several times to ensure the dried onions get fully hydrated and don't end up crunchy.  Then, I refrigerate until firm and easy to roll into a ball.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from