Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easiest Salsa Around {Blender Salsa}

This is my absolute FAVORITE salsa right now.  Ever since I first discovered it a few months ago, I have made a batch AT LEAST every other week, if not once a week - no lie.  It reminds me of salsa I have had at various restaurants.  I swear you will never buy store-bought salsa again. 
  • I love it plain with chips
  • I love it mixed with sour cream, cream cheese or Greek yogurt for a creamy dip 
  • I love it served over any kind of taco, burrito, quesadilla, enchiladas, etc . . .
  • I love it served over breakfast dishes.  Did you know that eggs and salsa taste great together?   
Since this EASY salsa uses canned tomatoes, you never have to worry about it tasting bad from un-ripened tomatoes and because you add fresh onions, cilantro and lime juice, it tastes like a fresh salsa.  All the ingredients are pureed together and it's not too spicy, so you can LOAD it on your chip, like me.

There are so many versions of this floating around the web, I combined a few and came up with the perfect version, according to my taste.

Now, I know salsa is like a chocolate chip cookie.  Every Single Person has their own opinion about how it should be.  That is what is so great about this recipe.  My version below is more of a mild version.  If you want it hotter, use original Rotel or add jalapenos.  If you want a few chunks, don't puree it as much, if you don't love cumin like I do, then add less.  You get the picture.  You really can do whatever you want with this recipe.  
EASIEST SALSA AROUND
From: Jenn@eatcakefordinner
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (10 oz.) can mild Rotel, drained
1/4 med. onion
1 clove garlic, peeled 
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin, or to taste
big handful on cilantro
juice of 1/2 lime

*Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles) is pretty spicy on its own (even the mild one), so depending on how spicy you want it, you can add 1/2 - 1 jalapeno.  I never add a jalapeno, but I add a small sprinkle of cayenne.

Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until it reaches desired consistency.  Taste and adjust as needed.  Store in mason jars in the refrigerator.  Makes enough to almost fill two 16 oz. mason jars.  (I use a food processor and I don't chop anything before hand, but if you are using a blender, you might want to roughly chop the onion and garlic to help it blend better).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from