Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kelley's Fiesta Dip

Simple Shortcut Recipes Cookbook
This is another delicious recipe that is part of my review of Gooseberry Patch's Simple Shortcut Recipes
I made a half a batch of this dip, since there would only be two of us eating it.  I served it on some nachos on Thursday, ate it as a snack on Friday night and for lunch on Saturday.  It was delicious plain and on nachos.  I also think it would be good in a quesadilla or in a chicken enchilada.  Between the two of us, we finished it off in no time.  I guess you could say it was a hit with us!

It is super easy to throw together and it makes a lot, so it's the perfect dip to serve at a party.  The best part is you can make it a few days ahead of time, so no stressing last minute.  The recipe says to chill for at least 24 hours before serving, but I did eat some immediately after it was made and it tasted amazing.  The only difference I noticed after 24 hours of chilling was that it had thickened.  You can serve it cold or you could keep it in a small crockpot and serve it warm.  It was good cold, but I preferred it warm.  

Kelley's Fiesta Dip
adapted from: Simple Shortcut Recipes 
submitted by Kelley Nicholson
(Printable Recipe)

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. container sour cream
11 oz. can sweet yellow and white corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 1/2 Tbl. salsa seasoning mix (I used taco seasoning)
2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
tortilla chips


In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.  Cover; chill at least 24 hours before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips.  Serves 10-12.


Jenn's Notes: I used fat-free cream cheese, but full-fat sour cream.  I'm not sure what salsa seasoning is, so I just used taco seasoning.  This dip tasted amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from