Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snickerdoodles with Pumpkin Cream Filling

Every year, I am more and more amazed with the different pumpkin recipes people come up with.  Just when you think you've seen them all, you discover a few new ones.  I found these cookies the other day over at The Stirring Place and made them the very next day.  I had saved a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles a month or so ago and had been dying to try them, but then I found this recipe and you all know I am a sucker for any type of frosting/filling, so I decided to make these first!  I had to make some cookies for a party our friends had the other day and I had leftover cream cheese frosting.  So, instead of using Faith's recipe for pumpkin cream cheese, I just spiced up my cream cheese frosting!  
These turned out DELICIOUS!  I think they would be a huge hit with any snickerdoodle or pumpkin lover!  If you're not a cookie sandwich person, you could always serve the pumpkin cream filling as a dip for the snickerdoodles or graham crackers or apples?  Or anything sweet!   
Snickerdoodles 
adapted from: The Stirring Place

1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon plus 4 tsp. sugar, for rolling

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture.  Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.  Roll into balls about the size of a large marble and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  

Pumpkin Cream Filling:
I used leftover cream cheese frosting that was made from butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.  I added to that a little brown sugar (not too much, because it is already pretty sweet), a little pumpkin pie spice and a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin.  I tasted and adjusted ingredients until it was delicious!    

Jenn's Notes:  I cut the cookie recipe in half and got 34 medium sized cookies.  I baked mine for 9 minutes.  I left some plain and I made the others into sandwiches.  The ones that I left plain were a little tuff the next day, but the ones with the cream filling were soft and chewy!  The filling must keep them soft.  The pumpkin filling is pretty soft when it is at room temperature and  squooshes out the sides when you take a bite of the sandwich.  If that bothers you, you would probably just want to spread the filling on the top of one cookie or use the filling as a dip.  Either way, snickerdoodles and pumpkin are a perfect pair!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from