Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

This was one of the first "homemade" chicken dishes I learned how to make.  I used to make it all of the time, but I don't make it too often anymore, but when I do, it is usually in the Summer when I have fresh garden tomatoes.  This is extremely easy and it is the perfect weeknight meal served up with some breaded veggies.   
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
adapted from: Kraft

1 c. Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato dressing, divided
4 small chicken breast halves
1 medium tomato, diced
1/2 - 3/4 c. part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil (I use dry)

Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag.  Add 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato dressing and marinate for at least 30 minutes.  Then, grill however desired (I just use my George Foreman).  Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup dressing (can use less), diced tomato, shredded cheese and basil.  When chicken is cooked through, place in a casserole dish.  Top with tomato mixture and place in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.  If you have extra of the tomato mixture, you could always mix with some cooked rice and serve with the chicken.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from