Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cake Boss Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today was and still is so rainy.  What makes a rainy day better?  Chocolate Chip Cookies :)

The first thing that caught my eye with this recipe was seeing they were from The Cake Boss!  I love that show and I love his new kitchen line at Kohl's (I'll take one of everything please) . . . But, these cookies have such a weird ingredient in them, that I had to make them the second I read the recipe.  What can I say . . . I was curious :)
They are definitely not your average chewy chocolate chip cookie, but they are good and unique.  They are really soft and moist and a little chewy.  You can taste the sweetened condensed milk and the flavors all work well together.  I made three different versions - regular milk chocolate chip, milk chocolate chip with white chip and milk chocolate chip with butterscotch chips.  The butterscotch chip version was my favorite.
Cake Boss Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
From: The Cake Boss, as seen on The Daily Smash
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter chips (or white chocolate or butterscotch)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Cream together peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar.  Mix in the egg and then the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.  Mix until creamy.  Combine the all-purpose flour and baking powder and mix into wet ingredients.  Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.

Drop spoonfuls of dough (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons each) onto lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes - do not overbake.  

Jenn's Notes: Since I made several versions of this cookie, I did not stir the chips into the dough, I pressed them onto the top of the dough balls before baking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from