Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh Henry Bars

My Dad bought me a cookbook he saw at a local bakery.  He knows I love cookbooks!

Besides the fact that I can't stop smelling the cookbook.  Literally. . . It smells like a bakery. . . Like glazed donuts and pastries and it is divine.  I told him I was going to set it on the nightstand next to my bed, so I can smell it all night long :)  Seriously, isn't the smell of a bakery the best thing ever?
To thank my Dad for the book, he requested these Oh Henry Bars.

They turned out SO GOOD and were a HUGE HIT.  If you try them while they are soft and warm and extra gooey, you might not end up with any to give away.  Consider yourself forewarned.
Oh Henry Bars
adapted from: Lehi City Cookbook
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 1/2 - 6 c. rice krispies
1 bag chocolate chips 

Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.  Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan.  It will be very thick at first.  Heat over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently; bring to a boil and remove from heat.  Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.  Stir in the rice krispies until completely coated.  Press mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.  Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.  Evenly spread over bars.  Cut while still warm.  Allow to set and serve.  

Jenn's Notes: I used creamy peanut butter and 5 1/2 cups rice krispies so they would be a little extra gooey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from