Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easy Overnight Dinner Rolls

I obviously eat A LOT of bread.  

I am a CARB LOVER.

By now, you are probably thinking I should have named my blog "Eat Bread for Dinner."  

I have loved bread since I was a little girl.  The rolls were always the first thing I would pick at any dinner table.  I love bread in every which way, shape and form. 

I frequently get asked if any of my roll recipes can be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator to rise overnight.  I have never tried that with any of my previous rolls, but I did try it with this new recipe.

You don't even need a mixer to make these.    

I thought these rolls were delicious.  They are so extremely soft and tender and the butter gives them an amazing flavor.

I am horrible at cutting the circles into 16 even pieces, but in the end, it didn't even matter.  Once the rolls rise, you can't tell if some are slightly larger than others.  
Easy Overnight Dinner Rolls
1 Tbl. active dry yeast
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. warm water
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. butter, melted, plus 2 Tbl.
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. all-purpose flour, more or less


Combine yeast, sugar and warm water in a large bowl.  Allow to sit for five minutes.  It should be bubbly and frothy.  If it does not get bubbly and frothy, start over.  Add the beaten eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter and salt.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in three cups of flour.  Gradually stir in the remaining one cup of flour.  You might not need the full cup or you might need slightly more.  The dough should be soft and slightly sticky to the touch and will pull away from the side of the bowl as you stir it.  Do not knead the dough.  

Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise 4-6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.  Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half.  Roll each half of dough into a circle.  Brush each half with 1 Tablespoon of melted butter and cut into 16 pieces, like a pizza.  Roll up each piece from the large end to the point and pinch tip to seal.  Place rolls on a cookie sheet and allow to rise for 30-60 minutes or until doubled in size.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.  Makes 3 dozen rolls.

Jenn's Notes: I mixed together the dough and refrigerated it overnight.  I removed it from the fridge about an hour before I rolled it out and the dough was still cold which made rolling very easy.  I thought these were delicious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from