Friday, March 8, 2013

White Chocolate Cereal Treats with M&M's

My absolute favorite cereal treats are ones with M&M's.  I can seriously eat the whole entire pan by myself.  I love when I bite into them and get an amazing burst of melty chocolate mixed with the chewy mallows and crispy cereal.

This version is kicked up another notch.  It has white chocolate in the mix and it helped the texture become extra gooey and creamy.  I love my white chocolate!  I didn't have any Rice Krispies on hand, so I used Rice Chex and they turned out perfect.  My boss has a daughter and grandson with Celiac disease and she uses Chex for her cereal treats, because it is Gluten free (now Rice Krispies makes a gluten free version too).  Use whichever you prefer.  
White Chocolate Cereal Treats with M&M's
4 Tbl. unsalted butter
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
6 1/2 c. Rice Chex or Rice Krispies
1 cup M&M's, or more to taste

Add butter and white chocolate chips to a large saucepan.  Stir until melted.  Add the marshmallows and stir until just melted.  Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups of cereal and stir to coat.  Add remaining cereal and M&M's and fold together until everything is coated in melted marshmallows.  If it is too sticky for your taste, add another 1/2 cup of cereal.  Lightly press mixture into a well-greased 9x13-inch pan.  Allow to set and cut into squares and serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from