Thursday, November 15, 2012

Snickerdoodle Bread

I had to get this bread posted while cinnamon chips are still available in the stores.  That way you can go 
buy a case a few bags to freeze, so you can have them on hand all year long.  If you didn't get a chance to read my Copycat Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip Bread post, you might need to know that cinnamon chips are only a seasonal item and most stores only carry them for a few months.

This bread is DELICIOUS.  It is a VERY heavy and dense bread and I can see why it would make perfect mini loaves.  It definitely has a different texture than what you would expect to find in a quick bread recipe.  Since I do not own a mini loaf pan, I went with two regular-sized loaves and pawned one of them off on my Dad, who is a big cinnamon lover, like me.  With all that said . . . the two of us had no problem finishing off one loaf in a day and a half :)
Snickerdoodle Bread
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. sour cream (I used light)
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips

Topping:
3 Tbl. sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy.  Add the eggs and mix well.  Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix well.  Add the flour and baking powder and mix just until combined.  Stir cinnamon chips into batter.  Divide batter between 4-5 mini loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray or 2 regular-sized loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Mix together 3 Tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle over loaves.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-38 minutes (mini loaves) or for 60-65 minutes (regular loaves).  Let cool before removing from pan.

Jenn's Notes: I only used 3/4 of the bag of cinnamon chips since they are pretty strong and I thought it was perfect.  I made two, regular-sized, loaves.  The bread does not rise very much and will only end up being a few inches tall.  I baked mine for 64 minutes and it probably could have used a few minutes less, because the outside was dark, but it still tasted delicious.  

adapted from: Lil Luna who modified it from: Barbara Bakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from