Monday, February 27, 2012

Knorr Classic Spinach Dip with Greek Yogurt

The original version of this dip is one of my all-time favorite dips ever.  It is irresistible.  I usually only let myself eat it a few times a year, because let's face it, it's not very good for you.  Luckily I found this recipe.  I seriously think this version with Greek yogurt tastes JUST LIKE the regular version.  I promise you will not miss the sour cream.  It is so good.

I have been experimenting with plain, non-fat yogurt A LOT lately.  I have been using it in place of sour cream in things like enchiladas, banana bread, Lemon Poppy Seed Muffinsmy go-to cake mix recipeBanana Cream Pie CupcakesBanana Streusel Bundt CakeGooey (with less) butter cakeGrilled Pimento Sandwich and so on and so on.  So far, I have loved it in every single thing I have tried it in, but especially in cakes.  Just think of how many calories you can save.  Have you ever read the back of the sour cream container?  Well don't, because it might scare you.

I have tried both regular non-fat plain yogurt and Greek non-fat plain yogurt.  The regular kind is cheaper, but it seems to be a little more runnier and the Greek kind is a little thicker and seems less watery.  The regular kind has worked fine for me in cakes, but as far as this dip, I would make sure to get the Greek kind.  
Classic Spinach Dip with Greek Yogurt
adapted from: Knorr
(Printable Recipe)

1 pkg. (10 oz.) fresh spinach, washed
     dried and chopped
16 oz. non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
1 c. light Mayonnaise
1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained
     and finely chopped, opt.
3 green onions, chopped, opt.

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.  Chill for at least an hour.  Serve with your favorite dippers (vegetables, crackers or torn bread).  Makes 4 cups of dip.

Jenn's Notes: My favorite way to eat this is with torn pieces of French bread.  All Greek yogurt is not fat-free.  I accidentally bought one that was not, but it still had less than half the amount of fat as sour cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from