Monday, January 23, 2012

Quickie Cornbread from Rush-Hour Recipes

Rush-Hour Recipes Cookbook
This is another delicious recipe that is part of my review of Gooseberry Patch's Rush-Hour Recipes

 This one is for my neighbor! 

I was at the grocery store one day and I ran into my neighbor.  She was staring at the cornbread mixes trying to decide which one to get.  


She told me she had to bring cornbread to a dinner party and she had no idea what to do?  

She said she had looked up a few recipes and they had a million ingredients.

I hurried and ran through the ingredients in my head and I am thinking - okay they might have like six ingredients (I did look at my cornbread recipe just now and it has 8 ingredients)?  She considers that a million?  All of the ingredients are probably things she already has on hand, except for the cornmeal?  Plus, a box mix probably calls for at least 3 or 4 ingredients, so that is really only a few more than she would already be adding?  Whatever - it made me laugh?  I can see how it would be intimidating to make something from scratch if you have never done it before.  So, this recipe is for her! 

A cornbread recipe with only TWO ingredients!
I am a HUGE sweet cornbread person.  I already have several recipes on my blog and I haven't even posted my favorites yet?  Eventually, I am sure you will all get sick of seeing new cornbread recipes, but I never get sick of trying new ones!  I didn't eat cornbread a lot while growing up, but when I did, it was always a homemade, from scratch, recipe that my mom would make!  I never knew any different?

This was the FIRST time I had EVER used a box mix for cornbread.  I had no idea what to expect.  The end result turned out good!  The creamed corn made it extremely moist.  I drizzled a little honey on top and it was very yummy!  I actually preferred this at room temperature rather than warm.  Not only is this a quick and easy recipe, but it is also a budget-friendly one too.  I picked up the box of cornbread mix for 50 cents and the creamed corn for 69 cents!  How cheap is that?  I think you guys will really like this one!      
Quickie Cornbread
from: Rush Hour Recipes submitted by Dawn Schlauderaff
(Printable Recipe)

1 (8 1/2 oz.) package cornbread mix
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can creamed corn     

In a bowl, stir together cornbread mix and creamed corn until moistened.  Pour into an 8''x8'' baking pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until set and golden.  Cut into squares.  

Jenn's Notes: I baked this for 29 minutes and I think I could have even went another minute or two.  This cornbread is extremely moist and has the "mealy" texture from the cornmeal with a yummy "corny" flavor from the creamed corn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from