Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mini Garlic Monkey Breads

I love this time of the year . . . when everyone is posting their top recipes for the previous year.  It gives us a chance to see the recipes we might have missed and it allows us to see the very favorites!  I love to see the blog owner's favorite recipes, because out of all the recipes we/they made out of an entire year, to have one be the top, it must be very very yummy!  These garlic monkey breads were Real Mom Kitchen's favorite bread recipe from 2011.  

They turned out really good and they were so easy to make.  I was worried that the garlic flavor was going to be overpowering, but it wasn't at all.  In fact, next time, I might even add a tiny bit more garlic.  I served these alongside this amazing Tomato Basil Parmesan soup and loved it, but I think they would be so good with spaghetti or lasagna too. 
Mini Garlic Monkey Breads
adapted from: Real Mom Kitchen

2 (7.5 oz) cans buttermilk biscuits
6 Tbl. butter, melted
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbl. dried parsley flakes
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
    plus 2 Tbl. to sprinkle on top

Cut biscuits into 4 pieces and place in a bowl.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over biscuit pieces.  Gently toss to evenly coat.  Use a greased 12-cup muffin tin and place 6-7 pieces in each cup.  Sprinkle remaining 2 Tablespoons of cheese over the top.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Serve warm.  Makes 12.  

Jenn's Notes:  I used jumbo buttermilk biscuits, so I ended up cutting each biscuit into 6 pieces.  I thought the garlic flavor was pretty mild, which would be perfect for kids, but for myself, I think I will add a tiny bit more next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from