Monday, June 13, 2011

Spicy Honey Chicken

This recipe came from Our Best Bites and I had high hopes for this one, because they said it is one of their families favorites and that it is one of their most popular recipes on their blog.  However, I only thought it was good, not amazing.  It is probably all my fault that I didn't love it, because I used chicken breasts instead of thighs and I cooked it on the George Foreman instead of on the BBQ.  They flat out say that it won't be as good if you don't use thighs and you know how much better things taste if you grill them.  Mine ended up just tasting like a taco-seasoned chicken breast?  I couldn't taste much of the honey glaze, but it might have been because I was expecting it to taste like these enchiladas and it did not?  I will be trying this chicken again, but I think I will try the glaze from these enchiladas and see how it turns out.  I used two chicken breasts and cut the rub and glaze recipe in half.  

Spicy Honey Chicken 
adapted from: Our Best Bites  
(Printable Recipe)

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs.)
   (thighs taste better in this recipe than breasts)
2 tsp. vegetable oil


Glaze:
1/2 c. honey
1 Tbl. cider vinegar


Rub:
2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder


Preheat grill to medium-high heat or about 400 degrees.  Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.  Trim any visible fat off the chicken thighs, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.  Drizzle oil over chicken and rub it in with your hands.  Rub the spice rub into the chicken thighs.  Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.  For the glaze: while chicken is cooking warm honey in the microwave for about 15 seconds.  Whisk in vinegar.  Reserve 2 Tbl. glaze and brush the rest on the chicken in the final moments of cooking.  Remove chicken from the grill and allow to stand 3-5 minutes.  Drizzle reserved 2 Tbl. of glaze over the chicken while it's standing.  Serves: 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from