Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Banana Streusel Bundt Cake

This cake recipe is courtesy of my friend Nicole!!  It is sooooo tasty!  The other day, she brought me a piece of cake to try and she said "Now, keep in mind this is sugar free," so I figured it was going to have that weird taste to it, you know what I mean?  To my surprise, it was actually DELICIOUS.  I could not tell it was sugar free.  She used a sugar free cake mix, sugar free box of pudding and brown sugar Splenda.  

I was so impressed with her cake that I went to the store on my lunch break and made it that night.  However, the store I went to, the sugar-free cake mixes were two and a half times as much as a regular cake mix, so I ended up buying regular, but I did use a sugar free pudding mix.  It was so good that I didn't even need to put glaze on top (which is a rare thing in my kitchen).  
It was moist and had the perfect banana flavor, mixed with the streusel swirl - INCREDIBLE!!  By the way, I have recently found the sugar free cake mixes for only about 75 cents more than a regular cake mix, so I am going to pick up a few of those to keep on hand for when I make this cake.  Why eat those extra calories when you don't need to.  Either way you choose to make this cake, it will be yummy.
Banana Streusel Bundt Cake
adapted from: Nicole W.

1 yellow cake mix
1 small box instant banana pudding
1 c. sour cream (I used non-fat plain yogurt)
4 eggs
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. water

Streusel Swirl:
1 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream or yogurt, eggs, oil and water and mix until thoroughly combined.  Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.  Combine brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon (adjust measurements to taste) and sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining cake batter and top with remaining streusel.  Use a knife and swirl top of cake slightly.  Bake for about 45 minutes or until done.  

Note: This cake can easily be made almost sugar free with a sugar free cake mix, sugar free pudding mix and brown sugar Splenda.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from