Sunday, January 5, 2014

Coconut Oil Honey "Butter"

Are you ready for an alternative to Honey Butter?  An alternative that might even taste BETTER than real honey butter?  I know, that is a bold statement, but you gotta try it to believe it.  I can't even begin to describe how AMAZING this tastes.
Some say coconut oil is better for you than butter.  It has ZERO cholesterol and ZERO trans fats. Flavor-wise, I LOVE IT, but like any other butter or oil, this is still something you would want to enjoy in moderation.  A small amount on a slice of bread is plenty. 
This isn't the first time I have made this.  The first time I smothered it over warm rolls a few months ago, but this time I was craving my favorite Copycat Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat Bread.      

That hearty, dense, delicious bread topped with this creamy spread is so irresistible that you better make two loaves of bread while you are at it.  

You know what else I love?  You don't have to store the leftover "butter" in the fridge.  So, it always stays soft and creamy and spreadable.
Coconut Oil Honey "Butter"
From: Jenn@eatcakefordinner
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

1/2 c. extra-virgin coconut oil
3 - 4 Tbl. honey, according to taste

Combine coconut oil and honey and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy and super creamy.  Serve over rolls, wheat bread, banana bread, french toast, or anything else you can think of.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from